This is to inform all Ghanians that applications is currently ongoing for the MTN Ghana Bright Scholarships. Are you a brilliant first year or continuing student pursuing first degree education in any of the public tertiary institutions in Ghana requiring financial assistance? Apply for the MTN Ghana Bright Scholarships.
About MTN Ghana
MTN Group Limited, originally known as M-Cell, is a South African multinational mobile telecommunications company, operating in many African and Asian countries. Its head office is in Johannesburg. As of December 2020, MTN recorded 280 million subscribers, making it the 8th largest mobile network operator in the world, and the largest in Africa. Active in over 20 countries, one-third of the company’s revenue comes from Nigeria, where it holds about 35% market share.
According to wikipedia, On 31 May 2018, MTN Ghana launched its initial public offering (IPO). The IPO closed on 31 July 2019. A total of up to 4,637,394,533 ordinary shares of MTN Ghana, representing 35% of its equity was offered to qualifying applicants.
About The Award
Application Deadline: 4th July 2022
Eligible Countries: Ghana
To Be Taken At (Country): Ghana
About the Award: MTN Ghana Foundation has launched its MTN Ghana Bright Scholarships scheme. A total of 300 students at the tertiary level stand to benefit.
Aside from the Bright Scholarship, MTN Ghana Foundation launched the Teacher Improvement Award Programme in 2015. Since the inception of the programme, 60 teachers have been awarded scholarships to pursue First or Masters’ Degrees at the University of Cape Coast and the University Education, Winneba.
Eligibility: For the MTN Ghana Bright Scholarships, Candidate:
- Must be a citizen of Ghana
- Must be proven to be hard-working with excellent academic results.
- The scholarships are open to both senor high school graduates and continuing students in public universities. SHS students are required to have credit passes in six (6) subjects with an overall aggregate of 24 at the WASSCE/SSSCE respectively to quality. Three of the six subjects should be core subjects – English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies and the other three must be in applicant’s respective electives,” the statement said.
- Continuing students’ applicants should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and be involved in extra-curricular activities.
- Priority would be given to persons pursuing courses in ICT, Computer Science, and Engineering.
- Women, and PERSONS with disability are especially encouraged to apply.
Number of Awards: 100
Value of Award: Beneficiaries will be selected from all 10 regions of the country, and the scholarships will cover the cost of tuition, accommodation and a stipend for books and other relevant reading materials.
How to Apply: Applicants should go online and apply through the web portal scholarship.mtn.com.gh.
Submission of hard copies of application will be rejected.